Old 05-16-2009, 07:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
gravity
where the light is

Originally Posted by vegibean View Post
Anyway, I'm still so proud of myself, incredibly grateful for what I have accomplished, I have so much to smile about but you know how it is? When you know things are great but there's just those "things" that are just right there like the nose on your face. Can't ignore it and it's not going to go away?

Just feeling incredibly frustrated, stressed, emotionally and mentally drained. Talking to my sponsor, going to my meetings, coming here, spending time with my lil man, going to work, taking care of my business, I'm doing what I need to do but Whew!!!!! I just have a lot on my plate right now.
Yesterday was one helluva day. Staff meeting/organizational politics...everyone self-centered, whining, greedy, petty stuff. I get home, kids are bratty, wife is pissed off at the kids. Me...emotionally & mentally drained.

I honestly felt like I was the only sane one around (me, the alcoholic! ) Felt like screaming: (at work) "We have well paying jobs & meaningful work...grow the f*** up and be grateful!" (at home) "We have a great home and a great life...everyone is healthy and we have everything we need!...what's the matter with you people?"

Despite all that was going on around me, I did maintain some serenity (spiritual fitness...thank God) and tried to be helpful.

And I went to my meeting last night...for a little sanity.

Left my meeting...calm...spiritually, mentally, and emotionally re-charged. Awesome feeling!

And today is another day. More chaos around me? Who knows. But I do know that if I practice my program (started already! ) and stay spiritually fit, all will be well.