View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 11:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
NoelleR

"...I know in AA there are aethiest & agnostics that have successfully remained clean, sober and happy for many years..."

I am one of those athEIsts (btw, it is 'EI'--atheist is one of those words where the exception to the 'i' before 'e' rule applies). Next month, June 23rd, I'll be celebrating 23 years sober (happy, joyous, and free) and clean (and serene). In fact most of my recovery friends are atheists. My sponsor was always willing to tell anyone in AA who asked that the only time she got on her knees was to clean under/vacuum under her the bed....LOLOL.

So, illuminati, now you know there are folks who can and do get sober/recover who are atheists (and in AA/NA). Quite frankly, I've never believed in any external power to get or keep me sober, and neither do most of my friends (and that would include AA/NA or AA/NA groups)....so there you have it, and of course there are lots of other programs that do not include any HP, or god, or whatever one wants to call it

Check it out, illuminati, don't let your unbelief be a stumbling block to your recovery.....you CAN recover............. (o:

NoelleR