View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 05:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Tommyh
It`s ok to stay sober

as one trucker to another,and as one alcoholic to another.....
we both dang lucky to have a family,however dysfunctional it is.We alcoholics did a lot to cause it to be that way it is today,if they lived thru our alcoholism with us.

so,I would be certified crazy if I expected my family to be perfect.
When things ain`t going well in my family,I got to get honest with me first.I`m a guy with a fatal illness,I need help.
My help comes from a HP thru the steps in the big book,so what have you done about that resentment?You do have a resentment against your daughter,right?
I would if my daughter lifted 2 k from me....
step 4 tells me what to do with my resentment,and the family afterwards tells me a few things I need to stay on top of because I am a alcoholic.

pages 86-88 gives me daily direction,we constantly remind ourselves we are no longer running the show,saying thy will be done...so why does this alcoholic have to constantly remind himself God is running the show?Because I have a inclination to always want to run it myself,constantly.
When I do,I find fault with everyone and everything,and when I do that,I get irked to say the least.I usually live with it until it really sucks and then do something about it,or I try and stop it before it goes that far.
Bottom line,2k is a small price to pay for piece of mind,and sobriety...you just may get it back someday,who knows...take it our of your hands and put it in Gods,it don`t work too well in your hands does it trucker?It don`t work well in mine either.

so,if I am gonna have to put myself in a position to be of service to God and others,(and me last)where does my children and wife fit in?

Where is God at in this situation?Does He have your attention?