Thread: Status Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 02:27 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
BohemiMamaof3

I'm not a regular, per se, but I lurk and read here and on the Friends & Fam of Alcoholics board.

Where I'm at in recovery:
I don't obsesses and worry over my Abrother the way I once did.
I keep in in my prayers and I trust the Lord to help him.
I am working on me, and my codie ways.
I read somewhere (maybe even here): "When I set a boundary I have to be prepared with the fall-out and the consequences of it." I want so much to be validated by those whom I love most, but that usually does not happen when you are also trying to set healthy boundaries with the same loves ones. At least not at first. I have to be able to deal with the consequences of whatever boundaries I set, even if it means others being angry at me. I want so much for someone to say, 'Oh you're right, I was wrong to *fill in the blank*. I'm so sorry.' But that is just not going to happen and I have to accept that if I am sure enough about drawing a line, I am going to have to be sure enough to deal with the fall-out. Hope that makes sense.
I have been reading The Artist's Way, slowly.
I have been reading for knowledge, encouragement and pleasure, regularly for the first time in years. I am doing a Bible in a year plan and loving it along with reading other books.
I have been sketching regularly in my sketchbook.
I have been walking.