View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 11:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Learning how

I can't give dates or times of the year because I was so sick when I started Alanon. I went because my medical Doctor told me to go. My youngest was 7. I went to Alanon and the I started to see light. I can't explain it better than to say I was living in a very dark heavy place before Alanon.
After a while, I got busy with life and stoped going. I had the books, I had several years under my belt I thought I could manage on a "home study" alanon. Did that for a few years until I had to go back. Husband was drinking the whole time.

Now I come here to SR, sometimes to just read ,sometimes to post.
I attend open AA meetings weekly, and was going to a big book meeting that my husbands sponser puts on. They are going thought the 12 and 12 now.
Husband found AA 5 years ago now. I haven't been going to the 12 and 12 study, for me its a boundry thing there was person there that my gut told me to be wary of. (he just went to prison for hitting his wife, gut was right, not sure if I will return to the book study, need to do another gut check regarding doing what is right for me. )
I still have to work a program for myself. I have to work very hard even though he is not drinking to keep the focus on myself and not let him run me over. So I guess I am saying my program has changed with me. I am not going to Alanon at this time because I am getting my ESH from the open AA meeting, and here. But that could change tomorrow.