Old 05-09-2009, 10:46 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Sweets79
To thine own self be true

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Sweets please don't give in to the temptation. I promise you, it won't make anything any better. The relief you're seeking won't be there. You'd have a little numbness for awhile, but all the problems will still be there when you sober up. Then you'd have remorse, a hangover, possibly even have trouble getting off it again. Know that this will all get better, nothing lasts forever - it just seems like it at the time. I'm glad you came here to share this - please keep posting if it'll help. Love, Joanie
Everything you're saying is true Joanie...It's just so hard to see this person and that tension is awful, drives me nuts...I need to move soon, and I know it won't be that soon, because I need to get myself recovered before even going back to school, which is what I wanna do...One step at a time...I am just trying to figure out a way to not let this person get so under my skin where it drives me to the point of rage...and ofcourse the only way I used to deal with uncomfortable/unbearable emotions was drinking...Can't do that anymore, so I feel like a fish out of water, confused on how to calm down and not let this get the best of me.