View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 06:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
lsb

What they don't like is he once was into alcohol, drugs and sex. And while I do not believe I can change him - I believe he has changed for himself. He has been sober for 3 years now, 4 years off the drugs. The sex part I can't really say because I think he sort of had something with a girl before me that really wasn't a relationship. But I asked him to get tested and he did. I also don't have any real reason to believe he has cheated on me.

We also talked about his past and I just didn't want to judge him based on his past and wanted to give him a chance. I am happy with him other than I feel smothered sometimes and I told him this. So now we are working on that. He said he only wants to be with me and no one else and is willing to work things out. My one friend thinks he is controlling and everyone thinks it will just go back to how it was - but I think they are just upset cuz I haven't seen them in a while. He made me feel guilty about seeing my friends sometimes, but I told him that he does this. So now I just want to give him a chance and see if things can actually change.