View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 05:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
connecian
Love is magical.

Angry Frustrated with insurance carrier ...

I am so frustrated with this right now!!! Since Tuesday we have been trying to get AH in a treatment center out of our hometown of Jax fl. We were also adv that it is best that the A not be treated in the same city... specially since the one treatment center they keep tying to put him in is 3 miles down the road!!!

They do not care that we will have to travel 4 or 5 hours to the next treatment center, but one 1 hour away can not be covered because it is 15 minutes outside our service area and we do not have OON bene even though this center is a covered center for the insurance.

Then to be told I am trying to hard.. that since my husband is not making ALL the calls, maybe he does not want it bad enough!! HELLO!!! He is telling me daily he wants to go in, just not so close to home. You would think that these ppl in the "medical profession" would understand that !!!

What ever happened for the good of the patient?! I used to work in the medical insurance , and we did all we could for quality care for a person. You would think that is what the insurance would want also.
Then the admissions office at one facilty says, you are working on this longer then the isurance would even cover for a visits, just basically are you sure he would not be better to go to an ER and be admitted for detox?!

HELLO.. is it not better to get them into a treatment facility that can help start the steps again,., and work with them? not just a hospital that will give them more drugs to detox from drugs?!

I am so frustrated. MY AH is frustrated,after talking to the insurance carrier and telling them even that he wants to go away from home, that a treatment center to close would not be good for him, our PCP has told them that even.

They will cover another one hours away, but not one an hour away!! This is so frustrating.. and to appeal will take a minimal of 15 days.. if esculated up to 72 hours... but only during the week.

And not since it is friday evening,, no one will take him since we have private insurance and they can not verify it till Monday. I want to scream and cry and just punch something.. I am so frustrated..

But woosaaa... AH says if we can find one this weekend out of our area but that is approved he will go there, but we need to do some looking. We do not want one that will not be good,and I know that all treatment centers are not the same..

ok... calm.. breathe.. :-) better now. Thanks for the vent!!!