Thread: Class of May
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 08:46 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Mattcake

Checking in, feeling really good...

ADAAt- Sounds like a nice project. Sleep will come eventually, in the meantime try to get some rest. BTW... "May flowers"?! Really? LOL

Red- I can't take credit for the way I outlined my recovery, it's based on ****** Gawain's book "The Four Levels of Healing". I just fleshed it out a little.

Support4me- My connection crashed last night, ugh. Frustrating, we had a good conversation going. I'm glad you're thinking about changing your outlook, looking forward to reading your post. Thanks for the kind words!

Dec- Good plan! I don't think that protecting and respecting your needs is being selfish, though. It's necessary. Addiction is selfish by nature, but not recovery..

HoS- the class thing is great, so much support. That movie is very sad, especially the Mexico (?) sequence. Meg Ryan is really good in it. Another "good" one is "Leaving Las Vegas" - trigger alert, but eye opening.

Gr8- you sound really upbeat!! Yay! You're right, you don't have to do this alone. I'm really relieved that you've decided to enter rehab sober?

Finally :ghug3 NM!!!!! Missed you, my friend! It's so good to see you again, despite the circumstances lol. I'm sorry to hear about your benzo troubles. Are you feeling better now?

Hugs to everyone.