View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 09:17 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Feeling ambitious today. We'll see how well this goes. I've already emailed the prof I want to be my thesis adviser and scheduled a meeting with him to discuss working with him for my thesis. I'm excited, he emailed back immediately (unusual for him, usually it's a 2 or 3 day wait) to schedule a meeting. I take that as a good sign-- after all he could have waited 3 days then told me he can't take on any more students.

Next up, I offered to take one of my friends out and teach her to do the field work prep she needs for a summer course she is taking. The professor normally does this but my friend can't go when the trip is scheduled so I have to go talk to the professor to see what he wants her to learn. I took the course last summer so I think it's going to work out.

While I'm there I guess I need to sign a birthday card for the guy who pays all the bills for the school of geology. Ya know, donate about $10 million+ to the school of geology and I suppose you should get a birthday card. Along with having the students genuflect and kiss your ring, right? No complaints though, he keeps my tuition costs down.

7.5 mile hike. Doing the long trail today since I haven't been out. But taking it slow because I haven't hiked in almost a week and I'm not feeling well.

So... to infinity... AND BEYOND!!! But first maybe it would be a good idea to change out of my pajamas.