View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 08:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Jimba

Originally Posted by SteppingItUp View Post
Sadie, I've never heard of anyone dropping cold turkey off of 50mg of methadone, and I'm very concerned that it might be too much for any body to handle. Can you ask his doctor about this? Explain the situation, and ask for help in understanding what is humanly possible without putting him at risk for something more serious. I went onto a self-induced detox through a daily dose of 20mg of methadone, stayed there for 4 or 5 days and then dropped in down to nothing in 5 or 6 days, bringing it to 10 days total from my starting point. Yes, I felt like a total cow pie, but I survived it, and I'm still clean 35 days later (and it's been 45 days of solid freedom from an active addiction to smoking heroin). No doctor that I know of would recommend this, and I'm sure there are reasons behind that. If your partner does jump, I seriously suggest that he tapers his dosage, even if it is more rapid than usual, before completely stepping off. If he's working, I think he's going to need to take some real time off to get his system back in order. Speak to his doctor. Best of luck to both of you.
Congratulations, I thought you had been sober for a much longer period and as for you story it is you who has taken the heros journey. Me and my sniveling sub crying. Well done. Keep it up!!!