View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 06:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
vicodaniel

Are suboxone and subutex better than oxy's or hydro's ? Of course, are they better than being opiate free ?No they are not. They are a useful stepping stone for some people, I think the question is how long to stay on them.They are in and of themselves, addictive and problematic in that you have to keep seeing a doctor( and pay) get your prescription(and pay). I also think that many addiction professionals are too quick to get someone right on the subs.I only contend that people should try or at least consider DETOX.Where under professional supervision you can be opiate free in a very short time.I think many people don't go the Detox route because of the stigma and embarrassment, which is wrong. Get thee to Detox and thou shalt be free ! Also,there is going to be some diversity in opinions on this site.I don't expect everyone to agree with me,but I respect most people's right to their opinion. BV,you are very knowledgeable, believe in suboxone, but realize their is more than one way to skin a cat.Thats why I respect you,you helped me, I've heard your story and you have the street cred's.