View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 06:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
change4penny

Tish, my opinion is this...It really depends on HOW you're taking the subutex. As you've probably read in prior posts, I'm taking suboxone after a 10 year addiction to opiates, such as hydrocodone and oxycodone, plus cocaine addiction. Before entering rehab sept. 26, '08, I was swallowing 30, 10mg pills per day.
Nowadays, I take one dose of suboxone, as prescribed by my doctor, every morning, along with vitamins and I don't think about it the rest of the day. This is a far cry from where I use to be....obsessing and counting my pills constantly.
I'm working a program and going to meetings. I have no desire to take opiates, as the suboxone cuts out cravings. The cocaine is a different story and I struggle with the thoughts of using it from time to time.
I know that you have the desire to be 'clean'...I read your post here all the time.
Are you currently taking subutex? Are you taking them as prescribed? I know what it's like to have back trouble, I've got rheumatoid arthritis and it effects my back the most.
You'll be in my prayers honey, hang in there, hopefully someone will answer your question better than I can.

Hugs,

Penny