Old 05-03-2009, 12:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sweets79
To thine own self be true

Learning to let go of unpleasant emotions...

What are some ways everyone deals with feelings of resentment/frustration/disappointment when they get overwhelming and consume your mind?...Ofcourse, the only way I knew how to do it was by drowning myself in a bottle of Vodka or Whiskey...I have to retrain my mind to deal with these feelings in other ways...I also have to learn that there's alot of things I CAN'T control, and to focus on what I CAN control...and I have a very hard time accepting that...I've heard someone say "Let go, and let God"...but it seems easier said than done...Maybe the longer time I'm sober, the easier it will get for me to actually do that, not sure...I just feel my way of thinking is so ingrained, it's going to be very hard, nearly impossible to change it..I just happened to see something that reminded me of a devastating time, and it brought back painful memories that triggers these unpleasant emotions...and that's just one of many things that eats me up inside...I'm hoping in time I will find a way to deal with those feelings, without needing alcohol to do so.