View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 06:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
isurvived

Ha. I had to laugh when I read the title of your post. Hiding bottles.
My XAH was a Master of that craft! All of the above mentioned places.

Looking for them. At times, I was obsessed in finding them. It was a quest. Why? To validate my suspicions. To prove to him I knew he was lying when I'd ask him "Have you been drinking today?" His response was a blank look, and a definite "NO". Yeah, right I'd be thinking, and the search would begin.

After a while, I stopped looking. There was no need to, but when I'd come across one it would make me angry. I'd stew. It was a constant reminder to me that he was active, and that I needed to do something for myself.

A year after he moved out, I decided to put some floor boards into our garage attic. After nailing a few boards up there, I climbed up to work further and discovered 4 plastic tote storage boxes... rather large rubbermaid containers that you can purchase to store things. Each one was full of empty bottles. There were over 50 all together. He'd drink in the garage, and then conceal the bottles in the garage attic. WOW! It was very revealing — and affirmed to me that YES, I had made the right choice to divorce him. He wouldn't quit.

They are experts at concealment, and lying. They go to all lengths to protect their addiction.

Eventually, your AH will become "unfunctional". That is the way it goes if he continues to drink.