Old 05-02-2009, 01:05 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Sweets79
To thine own self be true

Originally Posted by joedris View Post
Sweets, You need to get the hell out of that relationship. It's dangerous to your sobriety. Until then, however, vent away! I've always found that venting, like music, is good for the soul.
I know Joe...This isn't really a relationship, it's just a living situation, but I know what you're saying, and it does impact me negatively most days...There's a few people I need to get out of my life honestly..In the last few years I've dealt with some characters...lots of mind games and lots of dissapointments....It's not even that I was attracted to these people just because I was drinking...I truly had a strong attraction to them when I was sober also... ...I think it's just something in me that draws me to them and makes me stongly attracted to them... It was after I had met them and gotten attached, and got very dissapointed a few times in a row... that it caused emotions that I couldn't handle, especially loneliness...and then I would turn to drinking( those not being the ONLY reasons, but mostly)..I'm hoping to make some big changes in my life, by quitting and being very careful who I let into my life from now on...but it's hard to change what you're used to and what you like..even though sometimes it can be bad for you.