Old 05-02-2009, 12:49 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
CrackQuack

Originally Posted by Sweets79 View Post
Haha thanks...but I think all of that will kill my diet, (I only had a few cheese doodles, and they were 40% less fat than regular) I have been doing pretty good with it so far...Can you believe that?...quitting alcohol AND dieting..I'm taking on two difficult things at one time, but that alcohol really packed on the lbs...I would drink alot of whiskey and vodka...Once I looked up how many calories in a jigger of vodka and whiskey...I almost keeled over...The amount I was drinking , I could've had a whole cheesecake everyday...
I really recommend, due to you being in such early recovery, to NOT worry about dieting. That in of itself, is extremely stressful. If you want to be focused on losing weight, instead of making it a diet, which can be such a DOWNER (I can't have sweets, can't have fat, can't have alcohol, feel like I can't have a life thing), try a gym or swimming, biking, hiking, or simple walking. It's something you CAN do and is good for you at the same time. Try a couple sports like volleyball or softball or something like too. Anything is better than trying to quit drinking AND going on a diet at the same time. You'll feel like a million bucks too, after a good work out, walk, or game.
Hang in there! :ghug3