Old 05-02-2009, 12:12 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Sweets79
To thine own self be true

Originally Posted by OceanBound View Post
Sweets,

My 2c on dieting. Having cravings for both food and alcohol might be too much to handle now. Give it some time. Also, for a diet to work in the long run, you can't think of it as something temporary, "for the next 3 months," "until I lose those 10lbs," etc. Healthy eating is what will help to shed the pounds and keep them off. And exercise. I don't know what your level of fitness is now but you can run your ideas by a doctor or a trainer if you need to. And you'll feel better about yourself after the workout, endorphins really work! I've been there, lost a lot of weight and kept it off by re-learning how to eat healthy and exercising.

Having said that, my appetite has really increased after I stopped drinking. I was probably missing all the calories I got from booze. It's becoming to get normal again now I think.

Good luck!
OB

Hey Ocean...I know it is alot to take on at once..trying to stay sober AND lose weight...I packed on alot of weight from all the drinking and eating (because it would give me an even bigger appetite than I'd normally have). I've lost 60lbs before...At that time in my life, I had a very clear head, hardly touched alcohol, and was very focused...I wasn't irritable or cranky,I was just so focused on losing weight and raising my self-esteem. The state of mind I am in now isn't the best, so it's very hard to focus on one thing (staying sober), let alone two things (staying sober, and diet)...I just really feel so much better when the weight is off....makes me want to actually go out and do more things..I'm starting to walk here and there, I'm so bad with excercise...I loathe it lol..I'm trying as hard as I can...I've been craving a drink so bad... I don't mind eating healthy, but I do enjoy alot of fattening stuff too...but today is 1 week sober...trying to hang in there.