Thread: Getting bitten
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 08:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
GingerM

I spoke with said parent this morning, got a little dose of reality through the thick skull of said parent, and ended with things being smoothed over for now. No hissy fits, no codie behavior on my end, no apologies for the atrocities I was accused of committing but didn't actually commit. Just a simple conversation starting with "I'm angry" and ending with everything being back to it's usual status.

For the newer people here, my relationship with my parents has been touch and go as to contact vs. no-contact for several years now. Each incident like this brings out the feeling of "ya know, going no-contact would make my life a lot easier right now". But I'm able to look down the road 10 or 20 years and know that while it might make life easier right now, it would make things worse later on. So until one of them decides they won't speak to me any more (and MEANS it, even when sober), I will continue to try to work through these issues as they happen.

I am not entitled to the family I think I should have, I am only entitled to the one I have.