Old 05-01-2009, 01:55 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
ldani

hey my name is Dani i am glad to see you are here asking for the experience hope and strength! i have 6months and 12days and all that really matters is today. i think for myself the only way this really worked was first taking out any reservations, to me it was like giving myself an ok to relapse. and i realised no matter what happens putting a needle in my arm won't solve any of it. so i just take things a day at a time, and when that didn't work i took things a minute at a time. now i also realised i use to spend a huge part of my day chasing after my dope so when i first started my recovery i did the same thing i went to meeting when ever i could and that was about twice a day i know not everyone can do that but i had to to save my life, i also got numbers it was hard at first but i just kept thinking if this was during active addiction and these women had drugs you better bet i was asking for there phone number so in recovery i realised they had what i wanted, clean time and the tools to get through the day. and when i found myself feeling overwhelmed with emotion i called every person on my phone list. i chased my recovery like i chased dope. if i called the first person on my list and she didn't answer i called the next person and the next till someone could talk. i mean seriously when i was using i didn't just call one person and if they didn't answer wait till they would i went through a huge list of people bugging them calling them i was going to get what i needed right then, and thats what i do with my recovery. i also work the steps i don't just run through them i honestly write everyday in my journal about how the step i am currently working on is effecting me and my day and if i see diffrences in my personality. once i started doing all this stuff i realised all these people i am calling have all been through this, the nervousness of calling someone you have only met once to talk about how you feel but they were great to me and they would talk about how it was when they were new and they spent so much time with me on the phone. and i had instantly started bonding with people. all i know is i live recovery i love evryone i meet in the NA rooms and if i don't like someone i just don't bring them into my circle of friends, cause its all about me, lol, and if i want to stay healthy it has to be that way. thanks for letting me share. i hope some of my rambling helped someone. and welcome to the family,

Dani.

"A fear faced, is a fear erased"