View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 01:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
kj3880

I just want to add something here--oxys were my DOC and if he is doing 80 mg pills every day (even if it is one a day) he has a very serious habit. Kicking that stuff is exactly like kicking the big H. Maybe worse, because heroin is cut with junk, where oxy is pharmaceutically pure. I mean it, if he does it every day he is going to be pretty sick. I couldn't withdraw off those pain pills on my own. And I only did a half of that.

I needed help. I had an addictionologist, helpful prescribed meds to take for a long time, and NA meetings almost daily. I have a sponsor, stepwork, and a network of friends in recovery. That's what it will take. You can't help him with it at all.

I just want you to know, this stuff will eat you both alive if you get involved. You need to detach with love. The street value of an oxy 80 is currently at least $50 each pill. Can you afford this? A lot of addicts drain their loved ones dry before they die or get clean. Only about 1 of 10 opiate addicts get and stays clean currently. It's a pretty big chance to take. We have to really, really want to stay clean, cause it's very hard to kick opiates. If he isn't really motivated, forget it.

You didn't cause it, can't control it, and can't cure it. I'm sorry. Run for the hills, IMO.

KJ