View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 03:29 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
electrickery

Originally Posted by curiousfox View Post
Thanks for the support guys.

I've decided I'm going to give myself 3 more nights going out, really really make a conscious effort to try and control myself with how much I'm drinking (which to be fair I havn't really tried that hard to do in the past I don't think), and see how I get on. I feel I owe myself that.

It might not work, and those 3 nights out I might end up as just as much of a mess as usual... but I think it's worth a go. If it doesn't work then I'm going to have to look at stopping altogether I think.

But here's hoping it doesn't come to that! What harm can 3 more nights do? (let's hope that's not famous last words! lol)

Cheers. Will let you know how I do
Hi and Welcome!

I think its awesome that you are looking at this so young - awesome but also a little sobering (pardon the pun!) because if you have a niggling feeling now that something is wrong then I dare say that will grow.

If you are determined to have another 3 nights out to see if you can control your drinking are going to set certain limits to see if you can stick to them? Like one drink an hour? Or a maximum of 3-4 drinks for the night? Or stopping drinking at 1am? See how you feel about hitting those limits and if you cross over them look at the excuses you make up for yourself.

You see I am familiar with those limits - whenever I got to them I felt resentful, irritated and made an excuse of this being a particularly special night that exempt me from adhering to the limits I had set.... funny how every night out turned into one of those special nights!

Also one more thing beware that you don't end up drinking more because you set a limit and then crossed over it and so now you might as well get really drunk! That was a favourite of mine too

Keep in touch!