Old 04-29-2009, 04:48 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
ex D-Boy
Mr.MeToo?

dedubya i think you misunderstood my post. I became a complete slave to heroin. I would deal coke + pot in order to keep my 2 bundle a day habit going, max out my credit cards with cash advances to get more when I was dopesick. towards the end when it was getting real bad I was contemplating in my head breaking into peoples houses at night and jacking electronics and anything else I could find while in there(when i get dopesick enough all bets are off) Me and you are the same dedubya, our brains both have that certain chemical change that happens when we take opiates where we trick ourselves into thinking we need it all the time or else we will die.

Others above have posted that when they were taking things like morphine, or even vicodin for periods of time after they were done that was it, they felt no need to get more.

There is actually some interesting studies you can find on google about controlled experiments that have been done over europe where they selected a small sample size of 100 people and gave each of them heroin everyday for 30 days. Now at the end of the 30 days all 100 people were physically addicted to the drug (obviously, this cannot be gotten around when taking opiates). But what they found out is, after they safely medically detoxed all 100 people only about 15% went back to heroin after being released from the detox center, the rest just moved on with their life and never sought it out again.

We are in that 15%. if ya want i can link you to the study its actually very interesting, just PM me (they dont let you post links on threads here its against the rules) We have a lot in common I can tell and I do value your input about warning people about how nasty heroin or any opiate addiction can be, its totally true. be safe bro ~~