Old 04-29-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Sweets79
To thine own self be true

Originally Posted by flutter View Post
I actually found a lot more calm in my sobriety once I STOPPED putting me, and my need for instant gratification first. MY choice to deal with life's fumbles led ME to drink.. me me me. I had to find worth outside myself before I could find it within. I wasn't enough to get sober for at first...I had to see the bigger picture, but I'm sure as hell enough to stay sober for now.

just my own lil humble opinion
Actually now that you bring that up...It's making me realize that I could have chose detaching myself from certain situations when red flags went up instead of drinking...I guess I felt I needed that person so bad, I would overlook things I should not have, and the alcohol helped me escape those unpleasant feelings of knowing something was not right, but in reality those feelings and the wrong things that were going on were still there. Not sure if that was the point you were trying to make, but that's what I am getting out of it...When I noticed things seeming odd in the past 2 relationships I'd been involved in..I should have reevaluated my feelings and chose to detach instead of choosing alcohol to make it go away.