Old 04-29-2009, 11:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
dedubya

read this from another thread-
Well last attempt I failed before 72 hours of detox. Another day another attempt. I am an alchoholic and a addict.

I have been trying to kick the pills for 6-8 months of reducing intake but I kept failing so figured I would get help- All I found was $$$ hungry DR's. The Last 2 Both said they would help with suboxone treatment. Yhe 1st told me he couldnt help on this because he didnt have the class. so he refered me to another - after signing up and goinf thru the office stuff and an hour long visit the refered Dr tells me he is retiring in 2 weeks so didnt want to write it and refered to another....erggg

After 20-30 phone calls I found a Dr that says they will refer me to a privatre practice that does outpatient help AND takes Insurance... Another office visit and another let down. After taking off work yet again and another office visit another payment....this Dr tells me she only completed 1/2 of the CEU class for suboxone and refers me to inpatient non insurance center- Whaaa whaaa whaa!

I have managed to fail 2 times now on cold turkey (no pills).
Sunday 04/26/09 3:00PM Was the last day I used!
Monday 04/27/09 I made it without any Pills. W/D was not really to bad. A little sweating - Upset stomach over all not too bad.
Monday eve I could not sleep - tossing and turning- LOTS of Sweating (so much I had to change pillows and shirt. My Head was pounding and lower back hurting.
Tues- Am YAwning constant- but not tired (go figure) - feel very hyper - Head pounding Hell My freekin teeth even hurt.
I feel Burst of shockin sensation every now and then. I almost called in sick to work but I only have 1 sick day left and thought tomarrow may be worse than today. 11 am Diareah started still sweating but now getting cold and then hot.

Is there a name for the shock like burst? Dunno how else to disribe it.

I plan on hitting a NA meeting after work. I really think I can do this!
I have dropped from I will say 250-300 mgs a day of Oxy's loratabs...any optioid down to a 10 a day to nothing. I have went probably 7 years and not missed more than 1 day I think 1x i went 3 days because I was dayum near dead from stomach flu.

I have debated taking a part of a xanex to see if that helped the W/D. ( I havent done more than 1 a month on these but that still feels like cheating!)

Well I thought venting in here may help the emotional side of things and strange enough I do feel like it helps.

Thanks for the place to vent!