View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 08:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SHawk25

Thanks For Your Support

First off I want to thank everyone for their support through my hard times the last couple of months.. Now I have to be honest with how I feel, and I know no one here is going to agree with my decision.. But this is how I feel and how I evaluated myself..

I've said from day 1 that I do not believe I'm an alcoholic. I previously led a poor lifestyle in a few areas.. Basically didn't want to "grow up" yet.. Didn't care about my finances or take things in life serious. Poor lifestyle yes, alcoholic no.

Never had blackouts, never had cravings, withdrawals, never got in trouble directly related from alchol, never hid how much I drank.

My problems came from having no worries in life, just living care free. Lack of discipline I would say.. My fiance and I have spoke alot about this. She didn't leave me because of my drinking, she left cause of my careless lifestyle.

So after saying all of this.. I'm going to go back to drinking a couple on special occassions. No, not getting drunk.. Just drinking a couple.. I don't ever want to drink too much again to where I get drunk or hung over. Just a couple socially at special occassions..

I know no one here will support this decision, I understand that. I just wanted to be honest with you all before I leave. I respect this site and everyone who comes here.

If I drink too much or my drinking gets out of hand I will then admit I have a drinking problem and quit for good. You guys will be the first to know, I will come right back to this site for help. But honestly, I don't see that happening..

No need to respond telling me I'm making a mistake, my mind is made up. Thank you all, and take care.