View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 03:09 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
dedubya

Originally Posted by firestorm090 View Post
The coolest thing just happened, my little pug dog just came and leaned up against my leg, she doesn't care what the problem is, but she seems to know that all is not right with me, hum, crazy stuff huh? I'm not totally unreasonable, but I am sick of guys who think they have....all the answers....just because they haven't had a drink in x amount of years. And here's another thing, damn it, I've had three ladies tell me lately, at a couple of meetings, that they really liked me and liked what I had to say, but couldn't date me because I had less than a year sober. HUH???? Okay, maybe that's a blessing, but it's kinda like waving candy in front of a kid, then saying, hey, you need to wait a year. Hey, I know I'm a decent looking guy, and carry myself well, but why would a lady say that?? These aren't kids, you know, hell I'm 50 years old, so why say that in the first damn place?? It totally boggles my mind.

I guess overall I'm an emotional disaster area, nuclear radiation is spewing all around, and a couple of people I've met lately like to play with the fallout. Bunch of nutcases in my book, but I'm apparently the leading role in this horror story.
hey man-
I hear you- especially your dog comment. My 3 dogs know I am suffering, they lay on my more, and look at me with sad eyes- I dont sleep anymore, and when they wake up I can tell a total difference in the way they act towards me- they love me unconditionally-i can feel that. so if nothing else take your dogs advice- that sounds weird, but he (or she) is telling you something.l Dogs are amazing in they way they can perceive unsettled situations. Just so you know- I havent slept a full night in several weeks. (as in now). Hope you the best and keep in touch. I will also add I dont have all the answers if any, but i am with you with the struggle. Best to you- Dub.