Old 04-26-2009, 12:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Originally Posted by Freepath View Post

Just for the sake of clarity, I was not making a statement about how people should live. I was just saying that sometimes we have relationships which are incompatible for whatever reason and fretting about it is useless.

I once heard it described like this:
You kneel at the edge of a stream which is flowing from you left to your right side. You put your hand into the water to take a drink. Water will flow in and out of your hand. You can’t worry about the water that has passed. Lift the water that is in you hand, and take a drink.
Now think of the water as love.
Quit worrying about the love or friendship that has passed through your hands, and take a drink of the love and friendship that exists in your hands right now.
I feel like you just slapped me on the face. I needed that. Cuz I've been very worried/upset about my ex (I haven't spoken to him in 6 days now, and have a new phone number that he does not have... *sigh*). And I have other things to worry about. Staying c&s for one. And... there's this guy who has been very patient and is not pushing hard for anything and is letting me have my space to work everything out. But it's obvious he's waiting for me to pull it together and have time for him.

I'm so about to cause family drama if I decide to date this guy (not yet. Giving myself some sober time before that happens). My sis *likes* him.