Old 04-26-2009, 10:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bugsmum
little darlin'

hi flappy, nice to meet you...

I think about this subject a lot... I'm on suboxone, 4mg per day. Tried to taper down to 3mg a couple of weeks ago, but I'm going to maintain at 4 for a little longer cuz I started to have some pretty serious depression set in. I'm sure some of the depression was caused by the attempted taper but I've also got some stuff going on that is causing some situational depression as well.

Anyway, I nearly made my self crazy trying to decide if sub was right for me or not. I read up here and researched a lot on the net. I also have a pretty good doctor who seems quite knowledgable about the stuff and an addiction therapist I see bi-weekly. I go to NA every Sunday night, although I have not shared w/ them that I am on sub. Most of my family is aware and supportive. However, I'm terrified of the potential struggle I will endure when I try to make my final jump off this stuff.

I made the decision to start it because I was continually relapsing. Although I held some pretty decent amounts of sobriety from time to time, I always ended up going back. I got myself in some pretty big trouble w/ my family the last time and hurt a lot of people I truly love. (hurt myself too...) I knew I had to do something different or I was going to die. So, I'm on suboxone. But, as I said... I'm really worried about when the time comes to jump off completely. I'm trying really hard to get everything in order to make it successful, but I'm still scared.

Thanks for sharing your experience and offering advice. It was a timely read for me, and I'm sure I'll be referring back to it when I finish this stuff.

Take care.