Thread: Torn
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 09:35 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
sfgirl

My journey to sobriety started four or so years ago. For most of that time I was right where Doorknob is now— torn. I didn't know if I wanted sobriety or moderation. I tried giving up alcohol. Then I would try drinking. Then back to no drinking. Trying limited drinking. Etc.

The thing is during all this time I knew I had an adverse, not normal relationship with alcohol. Also, I knew during this whole time that I wanted a different relationship than I had with alcohol and that no matter what that was going to be moderation or sobriety it was a struggle. I think that anyone who ends up at SoberRecovery.com comes here for a reason and as long as they are abiding by the rules of the site and posting they should be more than welcome. I especially think it is helpful for when you are unsure. If I had come to this site and read peoples' stories and experiences then I do think that my resolution to get sober and stay sober would have happened sooner.

As for DK, I would like to voice my vote for sobriety as well but if you are anything like me it probably won't do much good. I wouldn't have listened to much advice. I had to figure it out for myself. I am just about to hit 7 months sober and it is only in the last couple of weeks that it has really settled in. Finally, I am feeling content and "normal" being sober. I read about the "fun" nights out drinking and they sound like hell where as before I would have felt like I was truly missing out. It really is surprising how much you can change and how amazing I am finally beginning to feel.