Thread: Boundaries
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2004, 10:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
McKrazy

Re: Boundaries

for me, my boundaries pertain to the safety of my kids:
1. I won't make any plans that involve any dependence on him to help (driving to/from sports, b-day parties, practices, etc.
2. I will plan things based on my desire/schedule of wanting to do them, and if he's "available" he can join us
3. I will do a monthly "check" and decide if this relationship has stopped being beneficial to mine or the kids' welfare, if he has become more absent than present
4. I wont participate with any drunken conversation, force myself to sleep in a smelly bedroom, have sex with him when he's been drinking(wow, that limits us QUITE a bit!)
5. I won't criticize him to friends and family nor answer "how he's doing" or even for that matter "how we're doing". I will respond with how I"M doing.
6. I will have complete honesty with my kids about this hideous disease and the wonderful person it's stolen..... for now.
7. I will continue to come here daily, and to a meeting weekly to try to recover me to the degree I feel like I am who I choose to be and was created to be.

whew, you're right, this is important stuff to verbalize and remind myself where I am and how I got here. Thanks for the cool thread!
Pam