Thread: Status Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 09:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
jerect
Restoring myself to sanity

I'm about a year into my recovery... I still slip alot but compared to where I was last year at this time, I would say that I'm 100% better..

1. I no longer play Nancy Drew by searching through AH's truck, pockets, wallets, closets, etc... My sanity is much more important then spending all my spare time looking for something.. I'm minding my own business..
2. My AH is six months clean tomorrow thanks to Subs.. however I still have a lot of trust issues steming from all the lies and from the fact that a year ago he cheated on me with a coworker whom he still works with.. It's something that I'm trying to work through but Im having a hard time with..
3. I'm dealing with a nasty Eating Disorder and I think a lot of it has to do with my codependency.. I think once I truly master my recovery or rather get stronger in my recovery because do we ever perfect anything?, I will make a large headway in my ED recovery..
4. So this is where I am right now, taking one day at a time, picking myself up when I slip and fall and working on taking care of me rather then my AH..