View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 06:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
whiskerkissed
Stopping the Train...

Location: Sevierville, TN - in the valley of the Great Smoky Mountains
Thanks Aphrodite~
I have not found it in the traditions either, but as I think about it more, these are two different programs though NA was formed from AA because clearly AA was not reaching many addicts. They are both recovery programs, and the message is the same, but the programs are different.

I DID however read in "The Group Booklet" of NA and found the 6 points "based on our Traditions".

1. All members of a group are drug addicts, and all drug addicts are eligible for membership. (Third Tradition)

2. As a group, they are self-supporting. (Seventh Tradition)

3. As a group, their single goal is to help drug addicts recover through application of the Twelve Steps of Narcotics Anonymous. (Fifth Traditon)

4. As a group, they have no affiliation outside Narcotics Anonymous. (Sixth Tradition)

5. As a group, they express no opinion on outside issues. (Tenth Tradition)

6. As a group, their public relation policy is based on attraction rater than promotion. (Eleventh Tradition)

Those 6 points have been adapted from AA, but they are the points that NA groups use to conduct how the groups are ran without relying on personal opinion. These are here as simple guidelines to take "self" out of the thought process. These also run in conjunction with the 12 Concepts. Nice to have guidelines. It takes the guess work out of it. If I had remembered to read that stuff before I guess I would have had my answer, but I'm glad it got you into your Basic Text...