Thread: My Decision
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 05:15 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
silkspin

Hap, nothing wrong with trying to make things work. We are doing this too. He has been sober 5 months, and recently we went back to move our house from our previous city, and this was my (secret) test for him because he was going back to all his triggers. He didn't drink, although he admitted it was very tough. I let him back into the bedroom and now we'll see if there is any hope of rebuilding our relationship.

Many of us waffle back and forth, it's natural. Sometimes things seemed so 'normal' that I felt, what am I doing? Am I crazy? It's easy to get lulled back into that, because as chaotic as it was, it became the comfort zone. Only you will know in your heart if you really feel that a second chance may actually trigger recovery for both of you, or if it's you 'hoping against hope' that she'll come around, and you don't want to lose the other stuff that you had and continue to want. That is a powerful feeling, and difficult to see through. As hard as it was to separate, after a while, it became crystal clear to me that it was the right thing, and even a week or 2 later I'd look back and think about the craziness I'd put up with and that I could never go back. It's like drowning, and freeing yourself to swim up to the top. That swim towards the water is agonizing, but once your head comes up over the waves, you feel like a new person. Tune into your inner voice, and when you're ready, the answer will come to you.