Old 04-22-2009, 11:08 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Ananda

I believe everything happens for a reason....we live in a world of cause and effect. The mistake for me would be to think that the reason has any intent...good/bad...Seems to me science is based on the law of cause and effect.

I am not a believer in "magic" although i get what people mean when they say magic or miricle...i've expereinced it. But magic or miricle just means that something happens that the cause effect relationships are soooo complicated that we can't peice them together (yet) and so we can't see the connection...thus magic/miricle.

for me there are things working in this world that i don't understand. Those things are not good or bad in intent or in what happens...i just happen to like or dislike wht happens

I dilike alot of what is happening for me right now, but I just do the best i can in the cause effect world we live in to create something i can bear.

And yes...Zencat...for me it is that we, as part of our human condition, place meaning into things..and personally I think it is one of the great gifts of being a human, the oportuinity to create meaning where there is none....course that can get me in a lot of trouble tooo