View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 04:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Free, a lady I know in the rooms last drink was 1/2 of a beer, she has been sober close to 3 years now, she just hit a wall, she had drank enough, she got back in the rooms after numerous relapses, got a sponsor, took the steps, met a good man, and recently had a child, she is one happy, sober lady.

Free once some one gets a good taste of sobriety usually it ruins any future drinking for them, that is not to say that they can not have a full blown relapse and drink them selfs to death, it happens a lot more often then people imagine, but what it does mean is that they are always remembering how nice it was being sober even though they are drunk as a skunk.

I know a guy who was sober for 22 years.... well I guess he decided that if he went 22 years without a drink he must not be an alcoholic so he started to drink again about 6 months or more ago. I know for a fact he has gotten 2 duis and would have had a 3rd but the cop took pity on him because he totalled his motorcycle, a friend of his told me he is miserable but can not stop drinking and will not come back into the rooms or into treatment due to pride.