View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 02:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SteppingItUp
TheMostSordidSpotOnEarth

Hey there Ricki!

I just wanted to jump in to let you know that your story is being heard, and I am sending a couple of little prayers in your direction.

I know the idea of raising a dosage sounds weird. It sounds weird to me too, but then again, although I self-detoxed through methadone (10 days total from 20mg to nothing, and yes it sucked but it got me clean), I've never been through any kind of formal methadone detox or maintenance program. Anything is possible, but if I were you I would be speaking to the people who recommended this course of action so that they can explain all of their motives and answer all of your questions. It's a great resource to have, so take advantage of it.

I think SerenityQueen's post was AMAZING. I think you would be hard-pressed to find a better reply out there, and I would definitely take what she said as words of wisdom.

I know that methadone can cause nods in some people, but 10mg is such a low dose that I would not expect them to happen. Honestly, I thought it would take many times that amount (like 10 times or more) for a side effect like that to come out in some people, but what do I know. Ask the clinic about that too. My honest suspicion, however, is that you might not be being given the whole story, and I think there is either a lot more methadone or some other drug(s) in this picture. Just try to get a better handle on what's really going on here. The fact that he has been using or stealing pills so recently heightens that gut feeling. Are they testing him for other things at the clinic?

By the way, methadone has a very long half-life, so feeling pains and symptoms coming on 3-5 days after he stops would be normal.

Best wishes to you!