Thread: My Decision
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 09:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bluejay6

Thank you for posting, hap.

"Probably an alcoholic...."

Well, if that is the actual reality, then she WILL drink again. So, a long view plan for yourself would be a good idea.

If it is alcohol abuse related to the psychological disorders, then she will be able to stop drinking on a dime. It is only alcoholics who swear over and over they will never drink again and do drink again. Non-alcoholics say they will stop and do stop...because they can.

I believe that sometimes we are under a spell, when we are crazy in love with our addicts. A spell that enchants us when things are good. That has been so for me. I adored my addict. I was warm through and through just looking at him and just wanted to be in the same room with him.

It was a spell. I did love him. But the enchantment fogged my vision and the other person he was and what he was capable of, I could not see and could not believe.

Your wife should spend the rest of her life making amends to you for the destructive way she has treated you and for the apparent dishonor to her marriage vows.

Things will become clearer for you with time. All the very best to you for faith in yourself, no matter what.