View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 08:56 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
GwenMarie30

Just talked to Amber. She is sore and tearful from the pain but also from regret. She will be having her second surgery tomarrow. This surgery will consist of finishing up the damage and possibly a skin graft and muscle graft. Her mom is with her and will be staying with her till she comes home. If this surgery goes well she could possibly come home this weekend sometime. If they find that they have to do the grafts then it will require more surgery and more hospital stay.

I sat with Amber's dad and younger sister for a few hours tonight talking about when she comes home. I assured them that things do return to normal. Also we talked of the legal issues that Amber will face. The cop has decided that they dont want to push the issues anymore than what has happened. She was read her rights in the hospital and released to her parents all within the hour at the hospital saturday morning. She may face probation and maybe community service in the future but that is all. The state believes that the girls have learned a hard enough lessons. I dont know if he's doing that cause I know him as a friend or if he is just trying to cut the girls a break. I guess I forgot to mention that I know the state trooper as a friend. But he knows me and the things I went thru and he knows I will follow thru with things here at home. I didnt ask for leiniency. But I think he granted me some just the same. Im grateful. I really think the girls have learned such a lesson. Its not over by any means but we can only ;ive a day at a time.

Savannah got her right hand casted today and has to go back thursday for more xrays and they may cast her left hand yet too. Lol, its funny watching her trying to eat or wash her hair.

Ahhh, but my girls are alive. For that Im so very grateful.