View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 12:55 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
ThePath2Sober

Hello again everyone, just dropping in again, having the usual detox feelings, sweaty hands, a feeling of pressure in my face and head (not a headache though). It's funny how my detox period starts at different intervals from the last drink I had, some times it is right in the next morning, 8 hours after my last drink, and sometimes it's almost 48 hours. I at least am not shaking...yet, so my productivity at work stays up (do a lot of typing, am an IT person)

My wife is off for the next 5 months with a baby on the way May 12, and I think that will really help as she is around me to watch me and make sure I don't do something stupid, and one can only find so many reasons to leave the house which I am plum out of. There is nothing in my house to drink atm, and by now even if there was my wife knows all of my hiding spots since our house is only 1800sf.

Should pose for an interesting week for me, I hope the insomnia holds off, although..I do get a lot more accomplished with more time in the day without feeling much more tirred than I usually do.

I am currently in a biggest loser contest at work as I mentioned above, 2 weeks to go, I am in the lead far as I can tell....and w/o my alcohol vice...my other vice is food, so I have a double whammy coming up, trying to resist both cravings, my only 2 vices I have...for the next two weeks.

My thoughts for now, thanks for your support ))))