View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 11:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
dabears34

I have been having similar thoughts/feelings myself. Everyone I know "parties", generally to excess. I know how it feels when you are partying and there is someone around not drinking, it can definitely become at least slightly adversarial, between drinkers and non-drinkers. I don't want to go out, and have any of my friends think they have to alter/change there drinking just because I am there and I am not drinking. That is the last thing I want. I was invited by friends tonight the watch a hockey game at a bar, I initially said yes, but am on the fence about going. I don't want to be some sober party pooper, and also, I'm only 17 days sober, and this would be the first time being in a bar since I quit drinking, so I would probably be anxious most of the time, leave early anyway, and not have a good time. I've worked too hard so far to cave at this point... so, basically, I think I am going to pass on tonights activities. Not quite sure I'm ready to spend a few hours in a bar quite yet!