Thread: My Decision
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 05:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Bernadette

I know from your posts, many of you will think, "Been there, done that, myself," or, "He's in denial," or similar thoughts.

Hi Hap-- It doesn't sound like you are in denial. It sounds like you are giving it one more chance. All if us have to reach our own conclusions about our own lives and ending, even altering, our relationship with an alcoholic loved one is a big change and none of us I think take it lightly!

When I read someone saying "been there done that," I hear it as a reassuring voice, not a judgemental one. After all if they've done it then maybe it is just something many people have to do to get to the point where they begin to do things differently.

Since you say this is "one more chance" what are the parameters? Do you have your boundaries clear in your mind?

Watching and waiting to see how your wife is doing can be stressful - do you have a plan/program in place for yourself? So that you are working on you and changing your habits of mind? Nothing changes if nothing changes right?

Good luck and keep posting!!
peace,
b