Thread: My Decision
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 10:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hapapinoy

My Decision

I have recently posted about my wife--probably an alcoholic, but at the very least, a severe problem drinker--who has done many hurtful/deceitful/betraying/abusive acts (including two episodes of sexual infidelity short of coitus) over the years. However, her events are widely spaced and there is an overlay of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and probably bipolar disease.

However, she has sought at received treatment for the PTSD/bipolar disease, so if they make a contribution to her behavior, perhaps that is lessened. She has also pledged not to have ANY alcohol.

I'm going to see if this will work. I know from your posts, many of you will think, "Been there, done that, myself," or, "He's in denial," or similar thoughts. However, I just have to know if it can work. I feel I have to give it another try.

When I see all the posts everyone has made, I think I must be foolish. But I can't go through my life thinking I gave up prematurely. When she's not drinking, or even drinking but not in one of her "every 2-3 month out of control binges", she's a wonderful person. I felt that she was my soulmate. My feelings for her have been dampened, to be sure. I hope I can get that back. I just have to know.