View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 07:59 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Sara9009
Eclectics Anonymous

Originally Posted by Bluberry View Post
Thanks to all for your help! I appreciate it. Ahhh... I got 3 more days till I leave. I will be gone for 30 days, possibly more. I'm scared ******** to sober up. Theres a lot I have to face, asside from my financial and medical problems. Any advice on what to do while I'm gone besides trying to get assistance for my diabetes supplies?
3 more days until a new start and a new life! It's completely normal to be scared but you are doing the best possible thing you can for yourself and your future. Please be safe over the next 3 days. It never hurts to go to a meeting and stick close to SR. Anything to keep yourself occupied in a positive way to reduce your chance of accidently harming yourself before you leave. Feel free to PM me if you want someone to chat with.

As far as advice for when you are in rehab the main thing to focus on is yourself and gaining the tools you need to live a sober lifestyle. I don't think you really need to worry about what you need to be doing because your program will be structured to get you started on the road to recovery and the main part of that will be life after you leave rehab. Someone else mentioned a Sober Living Facility for when you complete treatment which will give you further support and extra tools but this will be a decision to make with your treatment team.

Have you considered calling the facility you are going to or seeing if they have online website you can visit to get an idea of the general structure? Maybe having a basic idea will help lower your anxiety levels.

Congrats on your decision to get sober.