Thread: Am I an idiot?
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 02:20 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
destructor

Sir, Apply your logic to the situation for a second and view it objectively without preconceptions or feelings. She's suffered through a lot of physical and mental abuse up till her last marraige. She was raped 2 years ago after getting trashed in a bar and still willingly returns to that setting, even going to the extent of lieing to get there. She slit her wrists out of depression. Alcohol is only the tip of the iceberg masking her real problems. She needs more than substance abuse related treatment she needs psychological treatment. I would say trick her into treatment right away, because if shes drinking like that while shes awaiting funding, shes probably not completely serious about going. It doesnt sound like it should be a we'll get to it when we can kind of thing. Tell her your bringing her somewhere else and drop her off at rehab. Whether you decide to keep her in your life or not is your own decision, I would say set her up with the help she needs, then say good bye and if she returns to you healthy then give her a shot. However what your doing right now isn't helping the situation whatsoever. There is no such thing as a logical drunk person. Alcoholics like myself and your girlfriend do complex gymnastics in our brains to justify the screwed up things we do in our lives. Perfect example was how she reacted when you showed her the excuses on line. Protect your kids and deal with the situation objectively, in my opinion how could she make a judgement on whether she loved you or not when she has so many issues within herself. Let her make that decision after shes sober, look out for number one man.