View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 12:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Shellslove
Friend

I think Jason's got an interesting idea about the dreams here.

As I go through tapering w/d (which I know my 'addict twin' understands ) I have dreams that evoke alot of anxiety and play on my weird ocd fears (I've had ongoing panic attacks which come on from what I call 'sensory overload') - intricate patterns, lots of bugs in one spot or alot of dark objects together in a tight area that make sort of a pattern - it's hard to explain but I've had my worst panic attacks ever from these things - well before the opiate addiction. The numbness of the opiates actually took these anxieties away. Now that I'm tapering the subutex, which seemed to keep the ocd anxiety at bay, these things are in my dreams almost nightly - I wake up sweating, screaming, crying. I've also dreamed, as you mentioned, of familiar scents. There's one that makes me ill and creeps me out - but I have no idea where it comes from - it's been in my dreams alot lately, and is mixed into scary situations.

Anyways, when i wake up from these dreams, I'm def in trigger-mode - makes me want to use to have that numbness again - which would take away the anxiety temporarily -- but I know using would lead to inevitable disaster. I haven't acted on this desire or the triggers, but it is difficult. I just remind myself these are dreams - maybe my addiction trying to sabotage me when I'm sleeping and 'off my guard' - but i won't let it =)