View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 11:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

thank you sara, yes I do feel panicked. I don't think that is something a lot of the people posting realize. I have gotten the impression that people feel I do not want to work, that i'm just looking for a free ride. when really, i am looking for a solution to my insurance problem. I kind of feel insulted really. I have found, however, through these posts and just time thinking about it that disability is not what i am seeking. by the way, i have contacted catholic charities and they offer no support on diabetes supplies (such as blood test strips, syrenges) but i have found a clinic that offers help, it just takes 6 weeks to become effective. so what do i do for those 6 weeks? How will i give my insulin without syrenges? I'm sure that i will find some way. if i found some way to use while i was broke i'm sure i can find a way to get medical supplies without any money. I just dont want to have to steal or pan handle to have to do this. Well, I just want to say thank you to the people that were helpful in their posts, rather than being insensitive like a lot of people were about my inquiry.
I do understand the fear. Sorry, I thugh Catholic Charities still did all the diabetic needs and not just the Insulin.

Here's a 'google search' to start with:

Assistance getting medication - Google Search

Also use the one posted by Sara.

Many of the drug companies now help those that have no finances.

Look who the manufacturers are of the what you are using. I know for a fact when I was at the end of my savings and no SS yet that Accu Chek supplied me with my test strips and my 'stickers' free of charge.

So check your meter manufacturer and then go to their web site. Search the site for their 'assistance' information. Same thing with the syringes. Also your Insulin manufactuer.

There is also a site where Doctors can request assistance for a patient:

https://www.pparx.org/Intro.php

This site may also be helpful to you.

Love and hugs,