View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 02:55 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
SteppingItUp
TheMostSordidSpotOnEarth

Originally Posted by change4penny View Post
Yep, I've see "clean and sober" great movie.

By the way, tonight and tomorrow night @ 8:00pm on CNN, there's a special about addiction. I'm going to watch.
Ooh! Sounds like a great idea! I'm on very limited CNN here in Europe, but I'm going to see if I can find something about it online. Going to find the title...

I'm officially looking forward to Clean and Sober!

...and can I send a second to that last review? She should rot away in prison because she's bratty? Whew, that really was harsh! I saw Hathaway's character as someone who was suffering; I felt like she had been suffering for a long time because of her addiction, she was suffering again because she was paying (or being asked to pay) a serious price for her addiction history, and she was suffering because she was in such a delicate state of transition between her old life, a type of isolation in rehab and a somewhat insecure sense of herself in her glimpses back into the real world. All of that happening through a story that's ultimately based on attempting to achieve redemption through recovery. Those were my first thoughts anyway, and everyone's entitled to their own opinion (or two). No harm, no foul, just peace.