View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 10:11 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Katie09

Ok, I went to my group tonight. AA is a HUGE trigger for me in terms of wanting to pick up a drink. People can argue with that all they want, but it is what it is. Two new people start next week and I am just praying (well, not exactly) that they will be like me (of a secular bent or at least not interested in AA), as I am outnumbered already. Anyway, I just sort of shut down and get real quiet when in a situation like that. I just want to get up and walk out and I might have to for my own sanity. Can anyone help me to deal with this? Has anyone ever heard that saying the cure is worse than the sickness? That is how I feel in this minute. In fact, tonight I was reading my assignment on triggers and coping strategies and I intentionally did NOT mention AA is a trigger for me, as I didn't want to alienate everyone in the group. So I am avoiding saying how I really feel in the group's interest, but it sure isn't in my best interest. Thoughts maybe?

LOL, on top of this I have two adorable shih tzu puppies pooping all over my house who then want to eat said poop! Ahhhhhhhhh! Sorry, TMI?