Old 04-15-2009, 07:40 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

There is a difference between compassion and HEALTHY Compassion.

I hate that my ex is still actively using and playing "Mr. Recovery", by attending meetings and acting like he's sober to his recovery buddies. I am saddened by the fact that our daughters and grandchildren are hurt by his actions and lies. I know without this disease in his life - somewhere hidden underneath that insanity - there use to live a man who woull never dream of doing the things he is doing today. It breaks my heart for all of us that that man is no longer present with us today.

B U T - I am not going to give away one more day, hour or minute of my precious life to someone who refuses to turn himself over to a power greater than this disease and live a life that is recovering from his disease.

I can have healthy compassion for the man we lost, but carry no guilt, shame nor unhealthy manipulative compassion for the man that is driven by a disease. Cunning, baffling and powerful disease that will take everything in it's pathway to feed it's addiction.

I will walk away to take care of me and allow his HP that ability to work in his life - that is my understand of Healthy Compassion!

HUGS to you, sweetie,
Rita